Each family (both new and returning) will need to register at the beginning of each school year. Please print and complete all of the forms and send them in with your first tuition payment by August 15, 2014.
- Contact form with medical and allergy info for each student (download form)
- Permissions Form (download form)
- Tuition and payment schedule and submit first check (download form)
- Volunteer Form (optional, please read about volunteer opportunities here) (download form)
- Criminal background check (only required if you plan to volunteer) (download form) (The Chesterton First United Methodist Church (our lessor) requires that all staff and volunteers at The Marram School have a criminal background check. They handle the processing of the checks. There is a fee of $9.00 for each background check. Please make checks payable to Chesterton First United Methodist Church.)
Please send forms and check(s) to:
The Marram School
c/o Mary May
423 South 3rd Street
Chesterton, IN 46304
Student Supply List
Each student should have the following:
• Pencil box/bag with the following:
o Pencils (regular or mechanical)
o Extra lead for mechanical pencils
o Colored pencils
o 6 inch ruler
o Glue sticks (optional)
o Small pencil sharpener (optional)
o Lip balm (optional – good for winter months)
o Transparent Tape (optional)
• Indoor shoes
Students will change into indoor shoes when they enter the school to help keep the school clean. If students prefer, they can keep two pairs of shoes at the school – a more comfortable slipper-like pair for classroom use and a pair of gym shoes for gym activities.
Students will need a bag to transport folders and materials to and from school.
• Reusable Water Bottle
Students can take water bottles back and forth to home and refill it at school as needed throughout the day.
Students will bring their own lunch each day. Please pack ice packs in their lunches to keep lunches cold if needed. We will have a microwave for students to use, but it may save time during lunch if their hot meals are kept in a thermos so they do not need to wait for the microwave. If students do need to heat up their food, please make sure lunches are packed in a microwave safe container. Please pack lunches with utensils and napkins (preferably cloth).
Wellness is a Foundational Root of The Marram School. Therefore, we feel it is important for each student to eat nutrient dense meals in order to maintain their health, develop good habits for life, and have the energy and focus to make the most of their time in our community. We strongly encourage lunches to be built around eating many fresh fruits and vegetables along with whole grains, beans, healthy fats (avocados, nuts, etc.) and minimal processed food. Eating mostly plant based, whole foods is also better for our environment which is in line with our Core Belief to “consider the environmental impact of our actions.” Please let us know if you would like more information about food choices or some recipes or ideas for lunches.